There are basically two ways to approach compassion and outreach. The flashlight approach attempts to shed light in as many places as possible. In this mode, you flash a photon-thick layer of light on as much real estate as you can. It covers a wide area with little impact. Now, if you take that same light and focus it down, it becomes a laser. What can the power of a laser do? It can cut through three inches of steel, burn off cancer or restore a person’s sight to 20/20.
At Granger, we take small interventions and give them a laser focus. We’d rather see the impact of our compassion have a deep impact in a few places than a shallow impact in many. Increased focus equals increased impact.
A few of our major focuses include:
- Monroe Circle Community Center / Local Mission Opportunities
- After school tutoring & mentoring
- Food pantry
- Financial and family literacy / adult GED coaching & mentoring
- Prison re-entry
- Center for the Homeless
- Hope Mission
- Summer Mission Trips
- Local, regional and international
- For adults, students and families