The 2016 Vision for Transforming Our Community
The diﬀerences at Granger Community Church in the next 5 years will be greater than the changes of the past 25. Building on the past is diﬀerent than living in the past. GCC is not just an institution or location, we are a movement of people who understand we are Jesus’ plan to transform and heal communities.
We accept the challenge. We are raising the bar. Here’s how we’re doing it.
BE THE CHURCH:
The number of people being the church in their neighborhoods, schools, cafés and communities seven days a week will outnumber the number of casual Christians just going to church.
- Every follower of Jesus has a “missional impulse” within them; we will help believers in the GCC family discover and activate this impulse to make a difference in their world.
- We will equip Christ-followers to leverage their leadership and expertise in every domain of society
- We will transition children and student ministries into a holistic family ministry, partnering with parents to disciple their children and students for 936 weeks—from the time a child is born until they turn eighteen.
- We will find, celebrate and tell stories of our people “being” the Church at every opportunity
ACTIVATE THE CAMPUS:
We will have remodeled the Granger Campus and programs to help not just our congregation, but the greater community, with Jesus at the center.
- The Granger campus will become a gathering place for the community. We will build a chapel to help people through life-defining moments with inspirational architecture. We will build a Commons where people meet and friends gather. We will add paths, benches, pavilions, fireplaces and water features that invite people to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.
- We will utilize our fabulous Children’s Center and launch a weekday faith-based preschool and/or daycare to meet the growing needs of parents as they try to raise their kids with virtue.
- Like Monroe Circle Community Center has done for a neighborhood in South Bend and like this remodel will do for Michiana, every location or gathering in our growing GCC network will exist for the unique transformation and elevation of the neighborhood, village, city or region where they are located.
REPRODUCE AT EVERY LEVEL:
Every follower of Jesus will be a reproducing follower of Jesus. And every church will be a reproducing church.
- We will offer life-changing gatherings for worship and teaching in our current locations and launch three additional sites in our region with 9,000 gathering as one church in five locations.
- We will raise the temperature for life-on-life discipleship so it is normal for people to become reproducing followers of Jesus by owning their personal growth. Consumer-oriented Christians will, by design, not feel comfortable long-term.
- We will distribute high-quality content wherever and whenever it is needed. At any time we will be able to teach, train and inspire thousands of people as they gather from their home, church, business, or wherever they are located.
- We will launch and equip Granger Community Church start-ups all over the globe. All expressions—micro, mega, multi, rural, suburban, urban, multi-ethnic, local, domestic and international—will be united by the same mission and DNA. We will be a movement of more than 100,000 missional followers of Jesus gathering as 2,000 reproducing churches.
You’re invited to Raise the BAR with us.